Yanmar vs Gehl
1st July, 2022
If you are in the market for construction equipment, you will likely come across two names – Yanmar and Gehl. And that will leave you wondering, which is the better bet.
When it comes to earth-moving and material-handling machines, both Gehl and Yanmar are industry leaders. The brand you choose depends upon your specific requirements.
Established in the year 1859, Gehl specialises in earth-moving and material-handling equipment. What began as a small blacksmith shop in Wisconsin has grown to become a leading producer of compact equipment.
Their range includes track loaders, skid loaders, telescopic handlers and articulated loaders. The brand is known for producing trustworthy, dependable and hardworking machines for the construction, farming and landscaping industries.
- Gehl machines are designed and built with operator safety in mind. Gehl machines boast exceptional falling-object and rollover protection.
- The company strives to build machines that become an extension of the operator using it.
- They are committed to developing machines that meet the practical needs and demands of operators across the world.
Established in 1912 in Osaka, Japan, Yanmar is a leading manufacturer of mini excavators, tracked carriers and wheel loaders.
Yanmar is the first company to come out with a successful compact diesel engine in 1933. In short, Yanmar is a pioneer in diesel engines and a global leader in an array of plant and machinery for an array of industries. From agricultural machines and construction equipment to machine tools and energy systems, Yanmar is a market leader.
Their vehicles are used across different industries including construction, utility and landscaping. In 1967, the company produced its first tractor model after which it began manufacturing plant and machinery for the construction industry.
- Most Yanmar machines are operated using a single joystick, making the operation user-friendly and universal. This means anyone, including newbies can begin using Yanmar machines.
- The holding skip on Yanmar dumpers are situated at the back, giving the operator clear view of obstructions, doing away with any blind spots.
- Yanmar machines are not only robust but are also built with the environment and society in mind.
- Yanmar offers the best warranty in the industry – 4,000 hours or 4 years full machine warranty. This bumper-to-bumper warranty covers all aspects of the machine except standard maintenance procedures and wear items.
- Many of Yanmar’s latest models feature Smart Assist telematics system, which monitors and tracks your machine’s work hours, location, engine codes and more.
We Offer a Range of Yanmar and Gehl Machinery
Here at MTS Plant, we offer a range of plant machinery from Yanmar and Gehl. If you are looking to buy or rent plant machinery in the UK, get in touch with us today!